Appendix A: Selected Standardized Scales
This appendix contains a sample of standardized scales that have promising or well-established psychometric properties and are practical for use in monitoring client progress. More specifically, it includes reproductions and discussion of the following measures:
- Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology—Self-Report (QIDS-SR)
- Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D)
- Geriatric Depression Scale-15 (GDS-15)
- Penn State Worry Questionnaire—Past Week (PSWQ-PW)
- Group Engagement Measure-27 (GEM-27)
- Parent Daily Report (PDR)
We provide the primary reference and one or more recent reviews for each measure. You can find information about the reliability and validity of these measures in these and related sources. In addition, we report the procedure for scoring each measure, the clinical cutting score(s) (when available), and estimates of reliable change (RC) and the standard error of measurement (SEM).
We want to thank the authors of the measures presented in this appendix for allowing us to reproduce their measures, and for kindly answering our questions about their measures. In particular, we want to thank Jussara Bittencourt, Patricia Chamberlain, Mark J. Macgowan, A. John Rush, Joachim Stöber, and Jerome Yesavage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.